Monday, February 6, 2017

Montana & Yellowstone Part Two

See part one here!

The next day, we found the 45th Parallel...




...wondered at petrified trees and took a little hike...



Mushrooms grow out of bison poop.

More poop! I was super excited to find this scat because it meant that a canine of some kind had been on our path recently, most likely coyote.

...saw our first buffalo of the trip (and I got too close in my excitement and was lucky not to get gored)...



I know better and I still act like an idiot around wild animals.
I got too close to SEVERAL bison.




We saw the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, which was almost as awe-inspiring as the big version and offered a totally different and very cool vibe.





I did an interpretive dance at the beginning of Uncle Tom's Trail to the Lower Falls. Tyler accidentally used a very artistic mode on my camera.






The trek to the bottom of the falls was a lot less treacherous than the original trail, buuut it still featured extremely steep, slippery metal stairs with a surprising amount of space between steps and nearly nothing standing between us and a deathly pummeling against the rocks. In fact, unbeknownst to us, an eight-year-old girl had slipped and fallen off those very steps and died not a month before our visit. :(



We returned to my comfort zone -- geysers -- shortly after.


video


Then we joined other tourists in tormenting an elk in the forest.


We went on a short hike to a lakeside beach (and I clapped my hands and sang the whole time, I was so scared to run into a bear).



Yellowstone is so beautiful at dusk. And we finally saw a coyote!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover