Saturday, January 3, 2015

Adventures in hair

A couple of years ago, I confessed to Tyler that I'd always wanted to be perceived as "cool and charming."

"You're not either of those things," he said. He went on to say that I was a better adjective, like "alluring," but it was TOO LATE. Dreams crushed.

I keep trying though. I am convinced that cool, charming girls typically have their hair game on point, so as part of my mission I recently acquired a curling wand. (Never mind that my hair is naturally curly, it is not naturally Cool & Charming Girl Curly.)

After testing it, I became certain that either a) I am still hair cursed or b) I didn't know what I was doing. (That I had chosen the wrong size of wand also occurred to me, but I wasn't quite ready to give up on it.)

The lighting in my bathroom is HORRENDOUS URG.


I spent a considerable portion of my day researching curling wand tutorials and I still don't feel that I am any closer to enlightenment or to coolness and charm, but I am ever the optimist. I will bend this curling wand to my will or burn my hair off trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover