Saturday, April 26, 2014

I'll be 26 in a bit

The age at which I will cast off the last, sweet fetters of childhood: I can no longer be covered by my parents' health insurance plans. Other than that, a fairly ho hum birthday. I told Tyler I wanted a back rub and a Roomba for all the dog hair. My friends tried to whip up some excitement about potential party plans, but I just smiled and shrugged and suggested that, at the very most, we might have a little get-together and make our own individual pizzas. Maybe 26 is the age at which I become a grown-up? I've said that before, I know. But I already have so many very wonderful things to celebrate, including a home with freshly painted walls and an acceptance letter to a graduate program, so maybe I'll just be content to chill out for this birthday. If you want to look at this very modest wish list, you certainly may, but don't stress out too much about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover