On December 5th, 1933, Prohibition was repealed. Eighty years later, there is still much rejoicing! See below for (mostly Capitol Hill-centric) special events happening tonight.
- A look at how Seattle drank during the Prohibition. (Quirksee)
- Bar Cotto is hosting a Repeal Day bash from 10 pm to 2 am.
- Smith will offer Prohibition-era drinks from 8 pm to 1 am.
- Liberty is having a holiday punch contest from 6 pm to 9 pm.
- Canon is pouring shots of a 1930 Haig scotch for $99 - they would usually be $325!
- Knee High Stocking Co. will have special punch available until 9 pm, and happy hour will be extended until closing.
- Tavern Law will have drink specials. Good luck getting into Needle & Thread, their upstairs "speakeasy," tonight!