Friday, November 29, 2013

Friday Favorites


  • Photography endeavor Eyes as Big as Plates visits Finland, and it is delightful.
  • This man does Chatroulette right. His recreation of "Wrecking Ball" is wonderful - the reactions make it even better - and I've also enjoyed his "Call Me Maybe" (Carly Rae Jepsen) and "Peacock" (Katy Perry).
  • Now that Christmas is less than a month away, I'm starting to plan presents in earnest. I don't have much money right now, but I do have a bunch of small burlap bags that I scored for free that I can use for cute gift wrapping. In keeping with the indie theme, I was thinking of doing a bunch of DIY gifts. Pinterest boards like Merrythought's will be my guide, I'm sure.
  • A couple of years ago, I had a hardcore crush on vintage style. The urge to wrangle myself into bullet bra'd shapewear and sleep in hair rags has abated somewhat, but I still love the whole aesthetic and once in a while I'll put in the extra effort toward it. These gorgeous retro hairstyle tutorials inspire me to try finger waves again. (Refinery 29)
  • In a similar vein, I love the holiday season because everyone around me seems to remember how wonderful are the old classics, from Nat King Cole's flawless rendition of "The Christmas Song" to Donna Reed's amazing outfits in a range of film favorites, such as "It's a Wonderful Life." (Shabby Apple blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover