Sunday, August 25, 2013

101 In 1001 #12: Consigning Clothes

I did a thing off my 101 in 1001 list - I consigned the nice clothing I never wear. Or should I say, I tried to consign the nice clothing I never wear.

I culled thirty or so items from my closet. I cleaned them, folded them nicely, and put them in my biggest, sturdiest bag (thanks, IKEA!).


I slung that over my shoulder - and believe me, it wasn't light - and hiked seven blocks to my local consignment shop. While they pawed through my stuff, I wandered around the store for a few minutes, then meandered back to the front.

"Any luck?" I asked, with a big, hopeful smile. I was preeeeetty sure they would like most of what I'd brought: vintage hats and purses; designer skirts; cashmere sweaters. But piled on the counter were just six items. Six!?

I had to haul all of this back home.

And I was reminded of why I mostly hate taking my things to consignment stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover