Mackenzie of Design Darling has kept a list of 101 things she wants to accomplish in 1001 days, and she's nearing her deadline. I love this project, and her list - crosshatched with completed goals - looks so satisfying. I couldn't resist starting one of my own. My deadline is May 20th, 2016.
Come up with 101 things.(August 2013) Organize apartment and donate anything we don't need.(June 2014) Find a house with Tyler.(December 2013) Apply to grad schools.(January 2014)
- Learn to sew, for reals.
- Go to burlesque academy.
Adopt a dog from a shelter.(March 2014)
- Take a self defense class.
- Learn to play the ukulele.
Attend an Iowa Hawkeyes game.(September 2013) Visit my friend Aaron while he lives in France.(June 2014) Consign the nice clothing I'll never wear again.(August 2013)
- Throw a fancy dinner party.
Drink sweet tea in the South.(May 2014)
- Take a blues dancing class.
Visit a new state.(May 2014)
- Attend a horse race at Emerald Downs, wearing a big hat.
- Host a fabulous yard sale.
- Go to New Orleans (possibly for Mardi Gras).
Run a fun 5K.
- Make 10 different things off of Pinterest.
Go for a week without hitting the snooze button. Buy a new bicycle (my old one was stolen).(Edit: My sister gave me hers. Does that count?)
- Go on an extended camping trip.
Visit New York City.(October 2013) Do a juice cleanse.(August 2013)
- Take a language course.
- Go to a place that speaks that language.
- Swim in Lake Serene.
- Send postcards to 3 of my close college friends.
- Eat a proper lobster roll.
Buy nice, flattering lingerie.(January 2014) Visit Whistler in the winter.
- Replace plastic bottles of hand soap with pretty, refillable glass ones.
Own and stock a bar cart. Choose a signature cocktail and learn to make it.(Old Fashioned!) Get a Swedish massage.
- Re-learn how to use my cameras (not on automatic).
- Have friends over for brunch.
Try an OULA dance workout class.(August 2013) Bake a cake from scratch.
- Send someone a care package.
Visit the stars in Prefumo Canyon.
- Volunteer with a crisis counseling line.
- Do a stair walk around Seattle.
- Buy new silverware that I actually like.
- Take Tyler to Victoria by Clipper.
- Save enough to start an investment account. (Edit: I decided to start grad school instead.)
- Make my grandmother's favorite sundae for her.
- Get a French manicure.
Explore an art gallery I haven't visited before. Go berry picking.(July 2014) Make a thing in my cast iron pan (maybe a Dutch Baby?). (November 2013 - I made honey thyme roasted carrots)
- Volunteer at a homeless shelter the day before or after Thanksgiving.
- Take a rock climbing class.
- Spend a weekend at a bed and breakfast.
- Make par on at least one hole while golfing.
- Try hot yoga.
- Sing at an open mic.
- Knit a thing that isn't a scarf.
- Write a letter to my 16-year-old self.
- Grow herbs in my kitchen.
Have a spa day.(January 2014)
- Drive a scooter in Nantucket.
Visit all the "speakeasies" in Seattle.
- Do one chin-up.
- Visit a Disneyland.
- Make French macarons.
Try platinum blonde hair.(January 2014)
- Go horseback riding.
- Learn proper swim form for exercise.
- Get a facial.
- Spend 24 hours at a 24 hour diner.
- Do a photo shoot with my sister.
Go skiing with Tyler.
- Try a hot tub boat.
Buy eye shadow that I actually like. Drink fancy (read: expensive) champagne. Go one month without buying anything but necessities. Road trip through Colorado, Montana, and Wyoming.(Edit: Just Montana and Yellowstone.)
- Have afternoon tea at the Sorrento.
Learn a new pole dancing spin.
- Go vegan for a month.
Attend a play.(September 2013 - Les Miserables!)
- Build a pillow fort.
Attend a bar trivia night.(November 2013, at Kate's Pub in Wallingford.) Go gluten free for a week.(July 2014)
- Try the "no 'poo" method for a month.
Send Christmas cards.(Edit: I prefer the digital sort.)
- Start a monthly movie and dinner night (taco, soup, etc) with friends.
- Make ice cream from scratch.
- Watch five new (to me) classic films. (3/5: Carmen Jones; The Lady Eve, To Have and Have Not)
Learn how to do a new hairstyle. Floss every day for a month.(November 2013)
- Go zip-lining.
- Choose a favorite flower.
- Get an aloe vera plant and keep it alive for at least 6 months.
- Donate regularly to another charity.
- Finally frame those two pieces of art that keep wandering around my living room floor.
- Take pictures of any of these goals that I deem photogenic enough, and post about them.
- Put $10 into savings for every goal accomplished (had to borrow this one!).