Saturday, August 31, 2013

101 In 1001 #40: OULA workout class.


I got the chance to try a free OULA class Thursday night, at Sound Mind and Body Gym in Fremont. I almost didn't go because the weather was crazy - heavy rain and a thunderstorm! - but eventually things cleared up and I made myself get off the couch.

I'm so glad I went, because I had an amazing time. If you don't know what OULA is, it's kind of like Zumba, only the dancing is more pop/hip-hop in nature, and the music is mostly top 40s. Here's a (really cute) example:


I looked just like this... except maybe ever so slightly less coordinated. But all the women in the class were just as sweaty and breathless and goofy as me, so we all just laughed and had an awesome time together. The hour flew by!

That's good, because I looked like a dizzy mop, but I felt like a happy concert-goer.

This is what I looked like a few minutes after class ended:


Sooo pink! That's how you know it was a good workout.

I highly recommend OULA (and Sound Mind and Body Gym - so clean and nice!). If you're in the Seattle area, check out the OULA Seattle Facebook page for info on upcoming classes.

This was part of my 101 in 1001 challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Inness! I just stumbled across this post from August. I remember that super stormy Thursday. So glad you got up off the couch and enjoyed dancing with us. Looking forward to browsing your other posts! We're now at Fresh Fitness and Dance in Wallingford (4501 Interlake Ave N) twice a week. Hope you can join us again!

    Happy Holidays,

    Kendra
    OULA Seattle and South Sound
    facebook.com/OULAseattle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the nice comment, Kendra! I will have to visit Fresh Fitness and Dance sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover