Friday, July 5, 2013

June Birchbox



I've been getting Birchboxes every month now and I am getting less and less enthused about it. The samples are fine but I'm not sure they're worth the amount of landfill they generate, and I could put that monthly $10 toward something better. I think this will be my second to last Birchbox.



Cute postcards.

This month's Birchbox had an appropriately summery theme.


It came with a little bottle of nail polish (unfortunately the same color as one they'd sent me previously).


A tiny sample of Juicy Couture "Couture La La" perfume.


It's a light, citrusy floral fragrance, and I wore it out to dinner with my boyfriend the other night. Our waitress loved it and complimented the way it smelled on me at least two or three times. I was delighted, naturally.

Mirenesse Glossy Kiss lipstick in "Starlet."


Beautiful color and it went on smoothly and stained well. I was sad that my sample had melted and gotten smudged a bit in the box, though.


suki exfoliating foaming cleanser.


It smells like lemon and it scrubs up nicely, but I could make my own.

And Tweezerman matchbox-sized "itty bitty" nail files.


I was annoyed by this addition - although the nail files might be handy, they're almost certainly one use apiece and meant to be thrown away. And that's my whole problem with Birchbox - it's just not sustainable.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover