Monday, January 16, 2012

Chillens.

I don't know where I got the idea that Southern people say "chillens" instead of "children," but I've always liked it.

This list of the names of Civil War generals suggests that 19th century American mothers gave their children way better names than do American mothers today ("Blue Ivy"!?). Or maybe these mothers knew their sons were destined for great(ish*) things? I wonder if Gideon Johnson Pillow was any good at snuggling.

(*I don't consider war to be a great thing, but maybe these generals were also really good at genuinely great things, like shoeing horses or whittling flutes or picking the best chocolates from the box.)

Pictures of twins, side by side, are awesome. These twins have a "psychic shopping bond."

Toddlers and psychopaths are basically the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover