Monday, January 23, 2012

BAMignite Mad Men Party.

I took A and T to the Belleve Art Museum (it was T's first time in Bellevue! Not that he's missing out on much) for a Mad Men-themed party.



We got all dolled up, and of course A and I took forever doing so, so long that I didn't have time to do my hair or makeup properly.


A wore my red dress, and I wore her lace dress.

The line for cocktails was ridiculous and we didn't feel like playing fake money Roulette, so we explored the museum.


Investigating a wolf that was vomiting up pretty pink paint and sparkles.

I loved the old furniture that was on display--it was in keeping with the theme of the party.




T liked this "Action Office." An Action Office for a Man of Action, I told him.

T looking dapper in his $1,400 suit.

After the party, we went to Knee High Stocking Company in Seattle, figuring that we had looked so nice that we ought to show it off a bit more. We sat at the bar and chatted with the bartender, Kevin (a.k.a. "Horatio), the manager, Jack, and the guy who lives above the bar, Frank. Jack let me try his "Brokedown Car Blues" drink, which was essentially an AMF, and gave me a shot of Fernet Branca. When I told Kevin that I wished I could love creme de violette but that I found it too heavy ("like drinking an old lady's perfume"), he whipped something up that tasted like orange blossoms, violets, and springtime. It was amazing. My friends thought so too, unfortunately, and when I looked away, half my drink disappeared.

We stayed until after closing, then slipped our way through the slush still on the streets to get back to T's apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover