Monday, January 23, 2012

An auspicious start to the Year of the Dragon.

Source.

Chinese New Year began yesterday, heralding another Year of the Dragon, as it did in the year of my birth. 

Source.

The Year of the Dragon symbolizes courage and prosperity. Natural born leaders, dragon people are said to excel in life; they are energetic, warm-hearted, charismatic, lucky in love and egotistical (hey!).

This website says that I am, more specifically, an "Earth Dragon." Evidently I am "more rooted in the ground," and I "make better decisions" because I act "more rationally." I am level-headed and able to control my behaviors (most of the time). I'm more "supportive of others," but I prefer "being admired by others." Guilty, I suppose.

Source.

According to their birth years, my best friends are two Rabbits, an Ox, a Snake, and a Horse. I'm supposed to be a good match with Rats and Monkeys (never!). Evidently I need to pick my friends more carefully?

I love zodiac readings and Myers-Briggs tests, because I love to see myself in the analyses of others. It's like a mirror. I love mirrors! (Amusingly, this Chinese Zodiac reading suggests a mirror as a suitable present for a Dragon.)

Today I slept until 2:30 in the afternoon, and when I awoke I was rewarded with a job offer (what do we learn from this?). That was a short-lived unemployment spree! Year of the Dragon, indeed.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." (Source.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover